Guy Mattinson MRICS

Experienced building surveyor throughout London and the Home Counties, Guy Mattinson BA (Hons) BSc (Hons) MRICS Registered Valuer has years of knowledge and a wealth of experience in providing residential property services. His expertise has been beneficial to 1000s of people when it comes to purchasing and developing property.

Guy has a justified reputation for producing the highest quality, in-depth reports and is more than happy to talk through his findings so you are fully briefed on the essential facts about any property you are considering purchasing.

About Guy Mattinson


BA (Hons) BSc (Hons) MRICS Registered Valuer


Date Qualified:

October 2012

Areas Covered:
Greater London and the Home Counties

Guy provides the following survey services:

  • Building Surveys and Valuations
  • Party Wall Awards
  • Lease Extensions and Renewals
  • Rent Reviews
  • Fire Insurance Valuations

Check our availability and competitive Building Survey and Registered Valuer pricing - Call 0333 344 3234 (local call charges apply)

Click to get a Building Survey Quote


Old, large property, extensions, outbuildings? Get a Building Survey!

It's fully understood that there's umpteen drains on your finances when you buy a property. It's always wise to get a survey done: you want an expert on your side, who can give you critical information given the money you're about to spend.

If you've chosen to buy an older property and/or a large one, which might have extensions and outbuildings or may even be built from non-standard materials, you should always opt for a full Building Survey, not a HomeBuyer Report - it's a matter of selecting the right tool for the job.

For a simpler, smaller, more modern property, a HomeBuyer Report works fine, and you get a valuation and a reinstatement value thrown in as well. But you would be unwise to choose this survey if your property does not fit into these categories simply because a HomeBuyer Report isn't best designed for the purpose. Surveyors recognise this and often won't offer to carry out a HomeBuyer Report in the circumstance.

If you're buying a property in London and the Home Counties and are unsure which survey is right for it, a RICS surveyor can readily advise you and hope you answer the question.

Click on the following if you are unsure about which survey to choose: HomeBuyer Report or Building Survey?