House survey guides, news and tips

Specialist house survey articles to inform you about all aspects of surveys on residential property. Whether it be a home buyers survey for a flat or the building survey cost for a Victorian house, we have free tips and guides to inform you on what a rics homebuyer report covers and what it'll cost.

At SAM Conveyancing we simply the house survey process and explain detail in a way that makes it easy to understand. We also have a panel of hand selected RICS Building surveyors, structural engineers and property valuers to support you with whatever you are planning to do with your house or flat..

Please click, read and enjoy. If you get stuck or need any help then call us and speak to a friendly member of the SAM Conveyancing team - 0333 344 3234 (local call charges).

Buying A Property With Timber Purlin

Buying a property with timber purlin

Is flaking artex dangerous with man spraying to protect the surface

Is flaking Artex dangerous?

When should I get a surveyA man in a red shirt asking himself 'When should I get a survey done when buying a house' SAM Conveyancing discuss the best time to book your home survey for a purchase

When should I get a survey done when buying a house

Do I Have To Have A Survey When Buying A House? A set of weighing scales showing the value of getting a survey outweighs the price. SAM Conveyancing explains why it is worth getting a survey or the appropriate level when buying a home

Homebuyers Survey; Is it worth it?

SAM Conveyancing's guide on using aCompetent Person Scheme

Competent Persons Scheme - full list with works remit

A RICS Surveyor from SAM Conveyancing Conducts a Leasehold Survey for the purchase of a flat

Leasehold Survey

Do I need a survey at auction

Do I need a survey at auction

Full structural survey cost of a Building Surveyor with SAM Conveyancing

Full structural survey cost of a Building Surveyor

A valuer calculates the current market value of a house: RICS Help to Buy Valuation from a Help to Buy Surveyor with SAM Conveyancing

Help to Buy Valuation

Pre-Georgian farmhouse building in the countryside. SAM Conveyancing's guide to farm building surveys

Farm Building Survey

Chipped paint and cracked wood on window. SAM Conveyancing's guide on handling a rotten window frame

Rotten Window Frame

Spalled Bricks: What spalling does to brickwork, when it is serious and when it needs to be replaced. A guide from SAM Conveyancing

Spalled Bricks