Get an Instant Home Buyers Survey Quote

RICS specialists available from 31/05/2024* with same day call back & fast reports from just £400 EXC VAT.

Get an Instant Online Home Buyers Survey Quote now or speak to a friendly member of our team on 0333 344 3234.

"Competitively priced service, the agent I dealt with was very helpful. On the day of the survey itself I received a call from the surveyor to run through his initial findings. The quality of the report produced was excellent, very detailed and thorough. If needed I will be using SAM Conveyancing's services again in the future for sure."
National Coverage for House Surveys

National Coverage
Panel of RICS Surveyors for House Survey

Panel of RICS Surveyors
Same Week Availability for House Surveys

Same week availability*
House Survey Costs

Cost from £400 EXC VAT
Fast Reports for House Surveys

Reports in 5 Days**

Home Buyers Survey

What defects are flagged in a Level 2 Home Buyer's Survey?

Crack in outside wall above window flagged in a Home Building Survey

Cracks are inspected and in the report will confirm if you need a structural engineer as there are signs of historical or current movement.

Find out more - What is subsidence and how do you spot it?

Damp and mould on a wall flagged in a Home Building Survey

The RICS surveyor will use a moisture meter in the rooms and report any high levels along with any mould or damp causing damage to the walls/windows.

Find out more - What is rising damp?

Rotting wood on a window frame flagged in a Home Building Survey
Wood Rot

The wooden door frames and windows will be inspected for rotting and wood worm.

Find out more - What to do with a Rotten Window Frame?

Rat Infestation flagged in a Home Building Survey

The surveyor looks for signs of infestations through droppings, damage to piping/flooring and in some cases finding where the nest is.

Find out more - Can You Sell A House With Rodents?

Japanese Knotweed in a garden flagged in a Home Building Survey
Japanese Knotweed

The surveyor will check the grounds of the property and, where possible, check over the fences to neighbouring plots to identify if there is a risk of Japanese knotweed.

Find out more - Do surveyors check for Japanese knotweed?

Drains and man hole covers flagged in a Home Building Survey
Drains and Manhole Covers

The surveyor lifts up accessible man hole covers to check if the drains are blocked. You may need to get your drains inspected with CCTV.

Find out more - Should You Get a CCTV Drain Survey When Buying a House?

Roof loft space with insulation flagged in a Home Building Survey
Roof and Loft Space

The surveyor will enter into the roof/loft space if there is a safe and accessible ladder. They'll look for insulation, signs of leaking and and damage.

Find out more - What is a roof survey?

What types of property suit a Level 2 Home Survey?
Check to see which house is like the one you are buying. If you need help on working out the difference between a Level 2 and Level 3 Survey then call out survey specialists who can guide you on what to get - 0333 344 3234 (local call charges apply).

Flats for a House Survey from SAM Conveyancing
Flats or apartments are self-contained housing units that occupies part of a building, usually on one level.
Standard Construction House for a House Survey from SAM Conveyancing
Standard construction properties are made of brick or stone with a slate or tile roof.
Bungalow for a House Survey from SAM Conveyancing
Bungalows are single storey dwellings, except in some cases where upper rooms fit inside the roof, typically low ceilinged bedrooms with dormer windows.

Level 2: HomeBuyer Report

"The service is specifically designed for lay clients who are seeking a professional opinion at an economical price. It is, therefore, necessarily less comprehensive than a level 3 building survey. The focus of the service is on assessing the general condition of the main elements of a property and identifying and evaluating the particular features that affect its present value and may affect its future resale.

The inspection is not exhaustive, and no tests are undertaken. There is, therefore, a risk that certain defects may not be found that would have been uncovered if testing and/or a more substantial inspection had been undertaken. This is a risk that the client must accept. However, where there is ‘a trail of suspicion’, the surveyor ‘must take reasonable steps to follow the trail’. These ‘reasonable steps’ may include recommending further investigation."

Source: Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors

Homebuyers Survey Cost

A Homebuyers Report can cost anywhere from £400 EXC VAT depending on the location, size and the property's value. Whilst the home buyers report costs can vary from surveyor to surveyor, we always look to offer more than just our competitive quote. Our fees are fixed and we always look to deliver a service that we would be proud of.

Local RICS Surveyor?

We have a very large panel of local RICS surveyors throughout the whole of England and Wales including:

How do I choose between a HomeBuyer Report & a Building Survey?

The main Difference Between Level 2 and Level 3 is that level 3 is more comprehensive and therefore more expensive than level 2. As a general rule, you should go for the Level 3 Survey if the property is old, large, unusual, extended, or if you plan to do structural work to it on purchase.

If you're not sure, our team can help you choose the right survey for your property, for no extra fee. Call us on 0333 344 3234 (local call charges apply) and we'll suggest the type of survey based on the type of property you are buying.

Request a Call Back

Download an Example Level 2 and Level 3 Home Survey

RICS Home Survey Level 2

RICS Home Survey Level 3

Frequently Asked Questions