Andrew Petfield

Andrew Petfield BSc MRICS MCABE trained in London, and mainly works in the south east of England. He is experienced in property valuation and survey, undertaking valuations and surveys for private clients and on behalf of valuation panels.

He has worked with private, commercial and social landlords on purchase, maintenance and disposal of property. He is experienced in providing expert witness advice to private and public sector clients and in particular The Trading Standards Service. His experience includes expert advice on boundary, flooding and Japanese Knotweed matters.

Andrew is both an assessor and chairman of the Building Surveying RICS Assessment Panels for the APC and has chaired senior professional interview panels on membership applications.

About Andrew Petfield



Date Qualified:
October 1989
Areas Covered:
West and East Sussex and Kent

Andrew provides the following RICS survey services

  • Market Valuations
  • Commercial Building Surveys
  • Schedule of Condition
  • Lease Extensions
  • Expert Witness

Check our availability and competitive Building Survey pricing - Call 0333 344 3234 (local call charges apply)

Click to get a Building Survey Quote

RICS Building Surveys from SAM Conveyancing


HomeBuyer Reports are great for standard construction flats

When buying a flat you may be unsure which RICS home buyer survey to go for. As a rule of thumb, a HomeBuyer Report is best for a standard construction flat, in fact for most flats you’ll be fine. A Building Survey is designed for old, larger properties where the survey needs to go into more detail about the fabric and construction of the property.

In a flat, it is only your flat space, communal areas and external parts of the property that the surveyor can gain access to; whereas a Building Survey will inspect all accessible areas of a house.

To read more about what a HomeBuyer Report covers read - 5 reasons you MUST get a home buyers survey for your flat!