Specialist conveyancing articles to inform you about conveyancing for a house or a flat; whether you already own your own home or if you are buying one. These are free to read and written by specialists in this area.

At SAM Conveyancing we give you all the information you need to know written in a way that makes it easy to understand. We also have a panel of conveyancing solicitors should you need someone to help with conveyancing for buying a home, lease extension, remortgage, transfer of equity, collective enfranchisement, independent legal advice or deed of trusts.

Please click, read and enjoy. If you get stuck or need any help then call us and speak to a friendly member of the SAM Conveyancing team - 0333 344 3234 (local call charges).

Property Settlement Agreement

Co-owners of a property can draft a property settlement agreement to record the terms of a transaction such as the payment from one party to the other in a Transfer of Equity. Property Settlement Agreement is drafted by solicitors, normally at the end of a dispute, and stops any future claim over the property.

Here are some examples of how a Property Settlement Agreement could be used:

    Unmarried breakup. The co-owners have broken up and one of them pays £25,000 for the other party's equity in the property. A solicitor is instructed to handle the transfer of equity and to record the terms in a settlement agreement.
    Friends buying each other out. Similar to the above, one of the party's wants to leave and be paid their equity from the property. The parties come to an agreement of what the equity is worth.

What is included in a Property Settlement Agreement?

Who can use a Property Settlement Agreement?

Proud of our Reviews
SAM Conveyancing Reviews
Unbeatable Quote
Rated Excellent on Trustpilot with fixed fees and a friendly team to help you. See for yourself - get a no obligation online quote today.
Agree to Terms & Privacy