Home Buyers Survey City of London

We have local RICS surveyors with knowledge and experience of properties in City of London. We leave no stone unturned and our fees are fixed - plus we'll handle all the access for you with same week availability.

Get an Instant Online Home Buyers Survey Quote now or speak to a friendly member of our team on 0207 112 5388.
I agree to Terms and Privacy Policy
Home Buyers Survey
rics homebuyer report
homebuyers property services
home buyers report cost
rics report
Surveys from £300
Same week availability
Local Knowledge
Qualified RICS Surveyors
Leave the booking to us

Proud of our Reviews
SAM Conveyancing Reviews
SAM Conveyancing Reviews  322 Google Reviews
Trusted Local Homebuyers Surveyors from SAM Conveyancing
Hhomebuyers survey cost City of London

Love our Competitive
Homebuyers Survey Costs

Specialist RICS HomeBuyer Report at affordable prices with no corners cut.
Home Buyers Survey City of London

Local RICS

Our Building Surveyors use their local knowledge of City of London to deliver a detailed report.
Home Buyers Survey City of London

Fast Availability and
Delivery of Reports

We normally have availability within days of you booking and our turnaround for homebuyers survey reports is within 5 working days.
City of London HomeBuyers Survey
Years of Experience
All of our chartered RICS Surveyors are registered with and regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and have indemnity insurance that covers all of the work they undertake in a Home Buyers Survey in City of London.

Top tips for a City of London Home Buyers Survey

When archaeologists were reconstructing the original Bank of England in Walbrook in 1954, they found the remains of a Roman Temple of Mithras (amusingly Mithras was worshipped as the God of Contracts, among other things). The Bank of England's present building in Threadneedle Street has been considerably rebuilt, in the first half of the 20th century, and although it has impressive doric columns and a powerful aura, it has not been met with universal approval by the architectural fraternity.

Christopher Wren's St Paul's Cathedral has a dome which can be seen from miles away and makes the building nearly as tall as the mammoth Saturn V rocket, synonymous with the moon landings of the later 20th century.

The Barbican is another more modern development and the complex not only consists of a large number of very expensive – but relatively small – flats but also a well-known auditorium and restaurant. It is the largest residential estate in the Square Mile.

Despite bomb damage from World War 2 and terrorism, there remain many dozens of (mostly Victorian and Edwardian) fine buildings, typically in historicist and neoclassical style. They include the Monument to the Great Fire of London ("the Monument"), St Paul's Cathedral, the Guildhall, the Royal Exchange, Dr. Johnson's House, Mansion House and a great many churches, many designed by Sir Christopher Wren, who also designed St Paul's. 2 King's Bench Walk and Prince Henry's Room are notable historic survivors of heavy bombing of the Temple area, which has largely been rebuilt to its historic form.

HomeBuyers Report City of London
 HomeBuyers Survey City of London
Surveyor City of London
Local Tip 1
Local Tip 2
Local Tip 3
You'll have to buy an Environmental Search for the property you're looking to buy if the purchase involves a mortgage, however there's many reasons for getting one even if you're a cash purchaser.

To illustrate, a recent such conveyancing property search, bought for a dwelling in Boswell Street WC1N 3PZ in the City of London, revealed that there was a potential risk of surface water flooding within 250m, that the property was within 2km of each of the proposed rail projects: HS2, Crossrail 1 and Crossrail 2 and finally that the property was situated within 2km of existing or proposed solar farms>

These kinds of findings can inform both you and your solicitor regarding your likely future enjoyment of your property and give you early warning as to whether there might be present or future issues which might, for example have an impact on any insurance you purchase. Your solicitor can then frame appropriate enquiries and, if the findings are of sufficient gravity, you might even decide to pull out of the purchase.
As a parishioner you can actually face a claim from your local parish church for chancel repair, which is where the local church, due to ancient statutes, can claim on parishioners to share the costs of making repairs or refurbishments to the church chancel/church roof and where these occur, they can be fairly costly, with individual households possibly being legally required to pay £1,000s.

Buying a chancel repair indemnity insurance policy for a property you're looking to buy is an easy and efficient way of protecting yourself against this possible eventuality and among many others, one such policy was taken out for a property in Dance Square London EC1V 3AL within the City of London area. This policy generally costs around £20 to buy and normally covers the policy holder for claims to the limit of £1 million. One other approach is to get a Chancel Search, which reveals if the property you're looking to buy is in a parish where your local church can make such a legitimate claim on you.
The City of London has many areas of raised noise pollution from roads, which is understandable given the volume of traffic which comes in and out of the area daily. One of the peak areas for this is the Tower Hill/Minories/E. Smithfield/Tower Bridge Approach/Mansell Street junction and the noise is likely to affect residences in Royal Mint Court and Mansell Street itself.

Listed Building Survey City of London

We have local RICS Listed Building Surveyors who specialise in listed building surveys in City of London. To find out more go to - Listed Building Surveys - Building Surveyor and Survey Cost in City of London

We have completed HomeBuyer Reports and Building Surveys near you:

  • Hunter Street WC1N 1BL
  • Tonbridge Street WC1H 9PE
  • University Street WC1E 6JP
  • Bartholomew Close EC1A 7ES
  • Pine Street EC1 0JQ

Building Survey City of London Planning

You can review what planning applications have been granted or denied for properties in your area by contacting City of London Corporation at Guildhall, Aldermanbury, London EC2V 7HH, telephone 020 7606 3030, or you can check the local authority website.

Read the following article if you are thinking about building an extension.

Local Building Survey City of London

Our Building Surveyors specialise in the local area and have completed house surveys in West London, North London, East London, South London, South East London, Central London and Westminster.

We work with specialist RICS Building Surveyors to undertake Home Buyers Surveys in City of London. Whether you are buying an old run down 'doer upper' or standard construction freehold house, our RICS surveyors have seen them all.

With a vast number of years of experience completing building surveys on properties in City of London we'll be able to give you the detailed City of London HomeBuyers report that you will need to know and what defects there are with your property.

Home Buyers Survey - What does it cover?

A Home Buyers Survey is completed by a qualified RICS surveyor and delivers a visual inspection of the property in City of London and the surrounding garden. The aim of the survey, whether a Building Survey (which used to be known as a Full Structural Survey) or a HomeBuyers Report, is to identify potential risks or defects that you may not know are there such as cracks or damage to the structure of the property, subsidence, damp and infestations.

Click to compare the HomeBuyers Survey Cost
FREE Online Conveyancing Process for Buyers

Includes online checklists, videos, downloads and tips - plus it is completely free to use from start to finish and saves your progress along the way.


Level 2 HomeBuyer Report with a Valuation

A HomeBuyer Report, also known as a Home Buyers Survey, is generally suitable for:

  • Bungalows
  • Flats
  • Standard construction houses

The majority of City of London's leasehold flats require only a RICS HomeBuyer Report but for any Victorian conversions, a Building Survey may well be required.