Specialist conveyancing articles to inform you about conveyancing for a house or a flat; whether you already own your own home or if you are buying one. These are free to read and written by specialists in this area.

At SAM Conveyancing we give you all the information you need to know written in a way that makes it easy to understand. We also have a panel of conveyancing solicitors should you need someone to help with conveyancing for buying a home, lease extension, remortgage, transfer of equity, collective enfranchisement, independent legal advice or deed of trusts.

Please click, read and enjoy. If you get stuck or need any help then call us and speak to a friendly member of the SAM Conveyancing team - 0333 344 3234 (local call charges).

Land Registry ID2 Form - Certificate of Identity for Company


Need your ID2 Form Certified by a Solicitor?

Fed of solicitors who can't help? Get in contact today to see how our solicitor can make getting your ID2 form certified hassle free.

  • Next day appointments
  • Not local? We offer Skype including new ID5 Form (no original documents or passport photo)
  • Fixed Fee Quote

An ID2 form certification is required to prove the identity of an authorised person, such as a Director, for a company or corporate body for the purposes of a land transaction. If you are an individual then you will need to complete an ID1 Form and the details for this process are here - Land Registry ID1 Form

The ID2 form verification can now be verified by a solicitor using the new ID5 video conferencing process. We use this method for speed and ease so please get in contact to get a quote today - 0333 344 3234.

What evidence of identity do the Land Registry accept?

EITHER ONE of the following (List A):

  • Current valid full passport – State the country of issue and number of the passport;
  • Current United Kingdom, EU, Isle of Man, Channel Islands photo-card driving licence (not a provisional licence) – State the number of the licence; or
  • Current Bio-metric Residence Permit issued by the UK Home Office to a non-UK national resident in the UK – State the number of the permit.

OR TWO of the following (List B) but no more than one of each type:

  • Credit card bearing the Mastercard or Visa logo, an American Express or Diners Club card, or a debit or multi-function card bearing the Maestro or Visa logo which was issued in the United Kingdom and is supported by an original account statement less than three months old*;
  • Utility bill less than three months old*;
  • Council tax bill for the current year;
  • Council rent book showing the rent paid for the last three months;
  • Mortgage statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended*; or
  • Current firearm or shotgun certificate.

* These must be postal statements; they must not be statements sent electronically.

Don't forget to give your solicitor a colour passport-size photograph taken in the last three months which must be on photographic paper and in which your face is clearly visible!

The solicitor cannot accept ID that isn't stated above. You can contact Customer Support at customersupport@landregistry.gov.uk or by telephoning 0300 006 0411 from Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm. 

Proud of our Reviews
SAM Conveyancing Reviews
Instruction Form

    You complete this ID2 Form online and attach your letter of authority from the company. There is no need to send us a hard copy ID2 Form, original documents or a passport sized photo.
    You scan to us a copy of your passport or a UK photo driving licence. Scan can be scanned by printer or a photo from your phone.
    A Skype call is arranged with our solicitor Claudine Boast of Parachute Law.
    Completed ID2 and ID5 (used for video verification) form are posted to you


ID2 Form Warning!

If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be, untrue or misleading, and intend by doing so to make a gain for yourself or another person, or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the offence of fraud under section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years’ imprisonment or an unlimited fine, or both.

What happens during an ID2 meeting?

The solicitor is only instructed to certify your ID and won't be able to provide any legal advice in relation to the transaction it relates to. If you require legal advice on the transaction then please inform us and we will organise a quote for the work.
Land Registry ID2 Form - Certificate of Identity for Company
The meeting should last no longer than 15 minutes whilst the solicitor completed Section B of the ID2 form - Section A is completed by the person getting their identity verified. You are provided the certified documents to send to the solicitor handling the conveyancing for you.

The Land Registry will call your solicitor to confirm that they did meet with you when they receive the completed ID2 Form with the land transaction documents.

What transactions need an ID2 Form?

  • Any person who is not a conveyancer, or who is not a UK bank or building society, who is lodging one of the following applications with HM Land Registry.
  • Any person who is a party to one of the above transactions who is not represented by a conveyancer where the application is being lodged by someone who is also not a conveyancer.
  • Any person who is a party to one of the above transactions who is not represented by a conveyancer, and although the application is being lodged by a conveyancer, that conveyancer is not able to confirm that they are satisfied that sufficient steps have been taken to verify the person’s identity.

What is the difference between an ID1 Form and an ID2 Form?

The verification ID process for the ID2 is the same as the ID1 form however the solicitor must also be provided with:

  • an original company search in respect of the corporation which is dated within the last three months and which confirms that the corporation has not been dissolved; and
  • evidence of the individual's authority to represent the corporation.

To check if a company is dissolved you can search Companies House.

Example ID2 - Authority to represent

The company must provide a letter giving authority for the party getting their ID2 verified. This is normally provide by a company director or company secretary. The wording of the letter should be:

Dear Sir/Madam, We write giving {FULLNAME} authority to represent {COMPANYNAME}.

Related Articles
Land Registry ID1 Form